2022-2023 Application process
The application window for the 2022-2023 Chancellor’s Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP) is now open. The application deadline is Friday, April 29, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Multiple nominations from colleges/divisions will be accepted. Please review all requirements prior to submitting an application.
Face-to-face sessions will be held once a month during the academic year, along with ongoing virtual interactions and mentorship activities between monthly sessions.
Nominees must commit to full attendance and participation for all sessions and activities in order to be considered for the program and to successfully complete the program.
All face-to-face sessions will be held on Friday afternoons from 1:00pm-5:00 pm, unless otherwise indicated.
- August 26, 2022
- September 30, 2022: Grandview Ballroom (2:00pm- 3:30pm)
*September 30, 2022: Chancellor’s Reception (3:30pm - 5:00pm @ Grandview Ballroom)
- October 28, 2022
- November 18, 2022
- December 9, 2022
- January 27, 2023
- February 24, 2023
- March 24, 2023
- April 21, 2023 (2:00pm- 3:30)
*Chancellor's Reception (4:00- 6:00pm)
Faculty applicants must be at the rank of associate or full professors at time of application and be interested in pursuing academic leadership positions. Applicants should demonstrate evidence of professional leadership and service at departmental, college, and/or university levels.
The application is not open to faculty members who will be on off-campus scholarly assignment.
Faculty will be required to submit a letter of support from their Department Chair upon submission of application. Dean approval is also required for all candidates and will be requested via the InfoReady system by May 6, 2022
EHRA non-faculty applicants should have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with demonstrated evidence of professional leadership and service at the unit, division, and/or university levels. EHRA non-faculty will be required to submit a letter of support from their immediate supervisor upon submission of application. Division head approval is also required for all candidates and will be requested via the InfoReady system by May 6, 2022.
This is a highly competitive application process. The application must include:
- Letter of support from Deparment Chair or Immediate Supervisor, which addresses the questions below:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- How do you think this program will impact the applicant’s potential for leadership in higher education?
- Statement from the applicant (500 word limit, Times New Roman point size 12), which addresses the questions below:
- As leaders, we play different roles based on individual experience and situations. Briefly describe how you have demonstrated leadership in higher education.
- What are your goals with respect to leadership in higher education going forward?
- How will the ALDP experience help you accomplish those goals?
- Current full CV/Resume
*Name each file submission using the following format: "Applicant lastname_document title"